# School Transformation Program
Our Foundation has been engaged in significant work in the field of Education over the last 3 years. To transform the government schools in India, our Corporate Partner has operationally adopted 5 Government Schools near the vicinity of their plants in four different states in India to carry out the School Transformation Program. A dedicated Fellow has been stationed at each school to help turn the school into a high-performing school and we have reached more than 1750 students and teachers under the school transformation initiative.
# Digitalisation of Government Schools Program – Virtual Schooling Project
- Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and related lockdown, the education system across India has been impacted and it is very difficult to conduct physical classes. The private education institutes have started digital learning classes for students so that the downtime can be utilised, and children do not lose on time in this academic year.
- GSLF has developed a holistic child development and teachers’ capacity building program for government schools so that the children do not fall under the great digital divide and are not included in the journey progress.
- The tablets /desktops are being distributed to 8th to 10th standard students and are preloaded with content and also provide access to an online learning management system so that online classes can be conducted for the students by teachers and others.
- Content includes curriculum as well as holistic child development content, it includes ebooks, audio books, videos, etc.
- Teachers will be trained in delivering digital teaching classes.
- The students will return these tablets / desktops to the school which will be handed over to the next batch of students
- The learning platform will also help facilitate Vocational skilling programs in future in alignment with the New Education Policy guidelines